Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Elph" Yourself!

Hubby and I opened each other's Christmas presents a little early this year, and I was so excited when I opened my gift and saw this beauty nestled inside!

I guess all my complaining about my crappy, bulky, old camera must have worked. :) I am now the proud owner of a Canon PowerShot Digital Elph SD780 IS. Woop woop! I'll be doing a lot of reading up and experimenting this Christmas to see what all it can do; I'm not used to something this advanced. Hopefully you'll see an improvement with the pics on my blog, too. I think this will inspire me to become quite the photographer!

On semi-related note, have you created a holiday greeting on Elf Yourself yet? I received a couple of these from friends, but finally made my own a couple days ago. It was a riot! Really easy, too. If you haven't played around with it yet, I recommend it! I even elf-ed our cat, Phoebe. Ok, so some people thought it was a little creepy, but she is part of the family after all (as much as my husband doesn't want to admit it. :)


Oh, and my rum cake from earlier this week turned out to be a success! Very moist and yummy. I'll be making another one for Christmas with the fam.

That's all for now, folks -- I'll be signing off for a couple days to enjoy the rest of this frigid, blustery, blizzard of a holiday. Have a very Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

micah said...

Awww what a nice husband! Complaining really pays off sometimes - that's how I got my new laptop! HA!

Amy @ Design-Aholic said...

Nice! I love the red! Merry Christmas to you, and I can't wait to see all those new photos! :)

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

The Canon ELPH cameras are amazing, my small camera is the SD1200 and I love it. Although, it's got some major competition from the new Canon Rebel I just got! Merry Christmas to you!

kristi.w. said...

That is a really great camera! I have the model before that and used it for the majority of our blog photos up until getting my d-slr in November. It's handy but also really well-designed. I keep mine in my purse at all times. Be sure to check out the awesome macro setting!

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Yay! So Hubby did good. :) Thanks guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails