Thursday, February 11, 2010

Phoebe's Perspective

Hi there. I'm Phoebe, Amanda and Luke's only fur-child. I thought you might like to take a break from all this "home improvement" nonsense and get to know a little more about me. Because let's face it, I'm the one who really runs the show around here.

Random Facts:
At night, I occasionally get a crazy look in my eyes and begin darting back and forth across the house at full speed. This is my last attempt to get them to pay attention to me and play with me once more before going to bed.

I love to curl up on laps and feet, and nestle into the nook of elbows and knees. Really, anywhere that will render movement impossible for my owners. I especially like to do it to Luke, because he pretends to be so annoyed by it.
 

This is my absolute favorite spot in the house. Amanda calls it the Couch Crater.
 

Amanda bought this Christmas ornament just because she thought it beared a striking resemblance to me. I have to agree. 
 

I like to be around my owners. They've tried keeping me out of the bedroom at night so that I won't lay on the comforter. In such cases, I meow incessantly until they let me in.

Every once in awhile I like to stop and smell the roses.
 

I am sometimes more dog-like than cat-like in the way that I follow my owners around. I like to be in the middle of everything, although I still try to act nonchalant about it.

I sometimes curl up into a ball and cover my eyes when I'm trying to sleep.
 

I have made it very clear that I do not like other cats. Although I prefer being an only child, I'd much rather tolerate a dog than another cat if given the choice.

As much as I love laying on the couch, I also loves me a good plastic bag.


I shed like crazy.

I enjoy basking in the sunlight.


I really like the hole in the wall that Amanda and Luke made just for me.


Amanda takes way too many pictures of me, but who can blame her? I mean, just look at me!
 

Enough about me for now. You people can only handle so much cuteness in one sitting.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL - very cute. I love cats.

Dolores said...

Phoebe is such a cutie pie! She and Uncle Kitty have VERY similar characteristics. Hmm, I notice she doesn't fashion a collar or name tag. Is she an indoor cat only?

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

dolores - Yes, Phoebe is definitely an indoor kitty! Although occasionally I'll let her out on the deck or in the backyard (under close supervision of course). :) I'm pretty sure she would have some serious issues if I ever tried to put a collar on her!

Amy @ Design-Aholic said...

How funny! I have to admit, she's one cute cat! (I'm allergic, so I'd never be able to have one...)

:)

Danielle and Clint said...

Phoebe is adorable! What pretty eyes. My cats love strange things, like plastic bags, also!

Anonymous said...

I love this! Cats are strange creatures - one of ours likes to chew on plastic (like the packaging around a case of water bottles) and one prefers those cloth-like reusable grocery bags to crawl inside rather than plastic.

micah said...

Phoebe forgot to mention that she can turn violent at the drop of a hat and lunge at any nearby human.

I am glad Phoebe has such a good home :)

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Well, she may have forgotten to write about some of her more... unfavorable traits. ;) Maybe there will be a sequel to this post someday!

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Phoebe, my cat Sebastian used to do that crazy eye running thing RIGHT BEFORE HE'D SINK HIS TEETH INTO MY ARM. Which is exactly the reason that I'm fairly terrified of cats to this day...

But I will admit that you're pretty.

Kelly

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Such cute pictures!
Can't wait for the party - hope you can join in!

Danielle

kristi.w. said...

Awwww I love her. Embree likes to curl up in elbows and knees too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails