Monday, May 23, 2011

How to grow a flower really fast

Aside from the occasional recipe to mix things up a little, most of the projects I've been blogging about lately have involved working with dirt and concrete. As fun as that is (insert sarcastic tone here), I have been feeling the need to make something pretty.

With that said, this little project is hardly worthy of a post, because it was so painfully simple. Trust me, I'm well aware of that. Quite frankly, it would be a insult to crafty people to even call it crafty. But I like how it turned out, so now you get to read about it!

Cute brown ceramic container from the local garden center - $8


Green hydrangea stem from Hobby Lobby - $4 (half off, of course)


Square of floral foam placed in container - $1


Cut the stem off the hydrangea, stick it into the foam, and fill around it with some landscaping rock to hide the foam.


Now I have a lovely "permanent" flower that doesn't need to depend on me to keep it alive. Even though I'm pretty fond of the brown & green color combo, it will also be easy to switch out the flower with something else when I get tired of it.

Hey, it's better than looking at more pictures of dirt and concrete, right?


4 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Cute! I like the green.

Marleah said...

Very pretty! You picked a good flower for that vase - they look great together!

Life in Rehab said...

Heeheeheehee...you think I don't do my share of that kind of stuff too? It can't all be "we added a room onto the house using dirt, wine boxes and dog spit." Sometimes "ooooo, simple and pretty!" is nice too.

And I'm loving the dirt and concrete. Just sayin'.

pharmacy reviews said...

You're one of my favorites because your style is my favorite. I'll go check out that website you were featured on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails