Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Future for My Frames

So it appears I've managed to collect several random picture frames over time.


As you can see, most of them are also empty. That's because I can't resist a good cheap frame, even when I don't know what I want to put in it. Most of these were either on sale/clearance somewhere, or found at Goodwill.

Once I had pulled all the frames out of the drawer they were stashed in, I got to thinking... I probably have the beginnings of a photo gallery wall, yes? I'm pretty excited about this idea, because there's a lot of pictures I'd love to display but have never gotten around to it. Also, our house is still in need of some personalization (3+ years later).

There are currently two empty spaces that are dying for some attention -- both of which would lend themselves nicely to a photo gallery. One of them is on the wall leading down our stairway, and the other is the wall above the landing in the stairwell. I think I know which one I prefer; what space would you choose? Who knows, you might sway my decision!

[Please forgive the poor photography and lighting]


More to come on this new project later... I think I need a couple more frames (which I can probably wrangle from elsewhere in the house), and I still have several decisions to make.
- What photos to display?
- How to lay out the frames?
- Paint all the frames the same color?
- Paint the frames in coordinating colors?
- Mix in any other wall decor with the frames? (i.e. mirror, vinyl lettering, ledges)

In the meantime, I decided to share some gallery wall inspiration thanks to good ol' Google. Turns out it's quite the popular topic! (I hope I got all the credits right, sometimes it's hard to tell where they really originated from.)












8 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I can't wait to see how you pull this today. I wanna try a photo wall in the new house and am honestly a little intimidated.

Kirsti Lukens Craig said...

I turned a little hallway by our bedrooms into a photo gallery area and love it. As for where to put yours, maybe start on one wall and it can always grow to include the other later on. Good luck!

Kate said...

I love photo galleries. I have a whole pinterest board just for them :) I really want to do one too but haven't yet (story of my life!). I can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Danielle and Clint said...

I thought about doing this along our stairway, but got scared that I was putting up too much clutter. I do LOVE the look though! I just need to dive into it and stop questioning.

Holyoke Home said...

My thought (besides letting you know you're on my blogroll!)
1. Paint frames one of two colors. Choose two light neutral colors.
2. Buy a couple LARGE frames to add to the collection
3. Put in pictures or images that MAKE YOU HAPPY!

Tatum @ Tatum's Take said...

I always see such great framed wall galleries but also feel that I wouldn't be able to pull it off. I look forward to seeing what you do. You have a great selection of frames that already look great laid out on the floor. They can only look even better on the wall.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite said...

thanks for including my gallery! so happy I found your blog since I'm also in the midst of decorating my home :)

pharmacy reviews said...

I really like the design of your stairs , it is like my last house In New Jersey , I really love your photos, thanks for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails