Sunday, May 3, 2015

DIY Birthday Reminder

I know there are Smartphone calendars and Facebook to remind us of everything these days, but sometimes it's nice to have a tangible reminder right in front of you. At least, I think so. 

Don't you hate it when someone's birthday sneaks up on you and you're rushing at the last minute to find a card or gift? Or, if you're like me, you married into a big family and have a lot more birthdays to remember! For us, fall especially gets busy and overwhelming. In September and October, there are 10 birthdays. 

While perusing Pinterest, I've come across a couple ideas for cute reminders that aren't in digital form. And after a little shopping trip to Hobby Lobby, I had the materials to make my own:

- Hanging hook wall decor thing-a-ma-bob
- Gold shiny Thickers (I love these things)
- Tiny paper clips

Overall the cost was less than $10. 




I thought it would be kind of quirky to put the word "bday" on the wall decor, instead of spelling the whole thing out. Plus, it was fewer letters to have to line up straight.  

Then, I printed out all of the birth dates of family/friends on cardstock and cut each month out. After punching a hole at the top of each one, I just used a paper clip to hang it on the hook. Instead of hanging it on the wall, I decided to put it on the fridge in our kitchen, so I glued some magnets on the backside. 



Now, we really don't have an excuse to forget anyone's birthday! 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails